Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Review: Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles

Rules of Attraction (Perfect Chemistry, #2)Rules of Attraction by Simone Elkeles

My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Summary:When Carlos Fuentes returns to America after living in Mexico for a year, he doesn't want any part of the life his older brother, Alex, has laid out for him at a high school in Colorado. Carlos likes living his life on the edge and wants to carve his own path—just like Alex did. Then he meets Kiara Westford. She doesn't talk much and is completely intimidated by Carlos’ wild ways. As they get to know one another, Carlos assumes Kiara thinks she’s too good for him, and refuses to admit that she might be getting to him. But he soon realizes that being himself is exactly what Kiara needs right now.

I must say that I liked Perfect Chemistry more, but I still loved Carlos' story nonetheless.

Carlos had me laughing just like his brother. However, he liked to cause trouble, so he came off much more immature than Alex who only joined Latino Blood to protect his family. I love how the Fuentes boys care so dearly for their significant others. Even when it seems like they are treating their girls like poop, they truly are thinking about them and trying to keep them out of danger.

I liked Kiara a lot because she tried to keep up with Carlos' snide comments. Along with that, she could out hike Carlos, and she was capable of fixing cars. She's definitely a strong character, but she had some struggles. For example, you couldn't help but feel for her as she battled her speech impediment.
Alex is actually a pretty big character. However, Brittany not so much. She does give some wise words in her short appearance.

Because the protagonists are living in close quarters, it seemed like they were inevitably going to develop feelings for each other. The odds did not seem to be against their love as much as in Perfect Chemistry.

Overall, a very nice love story, again filled with humor and drama.

Would I recommend it to a friend? Yes, especially if you read Perfect Chemistry.
I absolutely love the epilogues of these books. They are set in the time in which the boys are old enough to have kids. That's all I'm going to say.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.