Sunday, November 04, 2012

Awesome Libraries

I've seen other people do these types of posts, but I wanted to do one myself because this is the kind of thing I think is cool.  As you know, I am the coolest, ha.  But as Rachel says, I'm nerding this blog up!

I love libraries.  I work in one, and I just think they are great places that epitomize literacy and therefore learning.  Here's a little song that embodies this idea.  It's funny:) 



These buildings are all very grand and large.  I just think they are architecturally amazing structures, and I can't imagine the quality and quantity of the books inside of them.  I didn't put them in any particular order:

1. Seattle Public Library, Seattle, USA



2.  Stockholm Public Library, Stockholm, Sweeden


3. José Vasconcelos Library, Mexico City, Mexico


4.  Melk Monastery Library, Melk, Austria

5.  Abbey Library of Saint Gall, St. Gallen, Switzerland

6.  Vatican Library, Vatican City, Rome

7.  Library of Congress, Washington D.C.

8.  New York Public Library, New York, USA

9.  Chateau de Chantilly Library, Chantilly, France

10. Kansas City Public Library, Kansas City, USA

I've never been to these places except two different branches of the NYPL, but it certainly would be fun to visit them.  





  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.