Friday, November 16, 2012

Review: Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Where She Went (If I Stay, #2)Where She Went by Gayle Forman

My rating: 5 of 5 Shooting Stars!
(I can't take credit for that one unfortunately.  You just have to have read it to understand:))

Summary: It's been three years since the devastating accident . . . three years since Mia walked out of Adam's life forever.
Now living on opposite coasts, Mia is Juilliard's rising star and Adam is LA tabloid fodder, thanks to his new rock star status and celebrity girlfriend. When Adam gets stuck in New York by himself, chance brings the couple together again, for one last night. As they explore the city that has become Mia's home, Adam and Mia revisit the past and open their hearts to the future-and each other.
Told from Adam's point of view in the spare, lyrical prose that defined If I StayWhere She Went explores the devastation of grief, the promise of new hope, and the flame of rekindled romance.
I'm usually not one to say that sequels are better than the original, but this book is!

Characters: Mia and Adam are still as likable as ever, but it was nice to hear Adam telling the story. Through this POV, Adam is revealed as sensitive, sweet, even funny at times. He is absolutely perfect! If he doesn't qualify as being your literary boyfriend, you've set your standards to impossible.

Plot: This book is a romance, but I warn you that it is so much more. These characters have a lot of baggage due to their past; there's tension and drama, my favorite elements of fictitious work.

Writing: I really enjoyed the incorporation of different formidable places in New York. Most people will know of some of the places mentioned. In my opinion, when the setting of a book is familiar, I tend to enjoy it more because it feels more relatable. Additionally, Gayle Forman shows her poetry writing abilities with each chapter beginning with lyrics from Adam's songs. Overall, I think Gayle Forman creates beautiful writing.

Would I recommend it to a friend? Heck yes! You should read If I Stay before, but I think you technically could read this without actually having read If I Stay if you read the synopsis as well as this one.



View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.