Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Review: The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare



City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2)City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1)


Ummm...So I may have been keeping a little bit of a secret from you guys. What's that you ask? Well, over the course of me posting on this blog I have never once mentioned my favorite book, or in this case, books!
City of Glass (The Mortal Instruments, #3)
Yes, friends, my favorite book series of all time is The Mortal Instruments by Cassandra Clare. I read these books a couple of years ago and I have loved them ever since.

My Rating: 5 out of 5


My Summary: The plot in each book all starts with the young New Yorker, Clary Fray. Clary and her Best friend Simon go clubbing one night and it's there in the Pandemonium Club that Clary is introduced to the world of Shadowhunters. Clary is then thrown into a new world of the strange and unexpected and is especially thrown for a loop when she learns she may belong to the world more than she thinks she does. Over the course of the 5 (soon to be 6) book series the plot thickens and Clary and her friends fight together to restore the peace and balance between the demon and earthly worlds.


My Review: Okay, well obviously I love this book, considering its my favorite and all. The plot, yes, maybe it's a little silly, is very enjoyable, I mean who doesn't dream of being a badass (pardon my french) demon killer? Also the writing is fun and really witty, which I love. Clare writing had some serious laugh out loud moments and perfectly timed one-liners that get me every time, and I re-read these books a lot!  Also, the character are AMAZING! Both the main and secondary characters are really well developed, and you really get to know them as you read more and more into the series. If any of you have read the books, then you know that I am missing a major element: Jase. Jase is seriously the most perfect boy that words can't adequetly explain my feelings for him. Haha! His romance with Clary is perfection and even though I'm jealous I can put my feelings aside for them. Another great part of the book is the representation of the LGBT community, which is always nice to see in books these days. 


City of Fallen Angels (The Mortal Instruments, #4)City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments #5)Overall: I really think you should read this series and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. This is an awesome book for both boys and girls, and you wont regret it; I swear! It wouldn't be my favorite book for nothing!

Additional: There is a movie coming out for the first book sometime next year and I am super excited for that! Here's a link to the IMDB page, so you can check out the casting.  The trailer just came out today! Also, for more movie news and book news, check out Cassandra Clare's Tumblr page.





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.