Monday, March 11, 2013

I'm Looking for the Impossible

I did a post a while back on my book boyfriends, my literary crushes so this post may be getting a little personal.
Well, at least I'm putting it out there...

So, I think I'm going to be forever alone because of my book boyfriends.

It's not that I'm awkward; I guess it's that I'm just not interested.  There's nobody who is sweet, kind, good looking, has an accent, and is secretly some supernatural being around here.  Well I know that everyone has an American around here, but I can't be sure about the supernatural thing. Basically, I'm looking for a boy that only exists in YA novels so I've been avoiding the high school sweetheart thing.

But what Stephanie Perkins told me seems like good advice for the real world.  Don't go looking for the rich, good looking, amazingly built person who seems absolutely flawless, because that perfect somebody only exists in your head.  Don't ask if you could live with that person.  Ask if you could live without him or her. Fate, chance, luck, whatever you want to call it, you'll find your him or her :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.