Sunday, April 28, 2013

Author Event: Elizabeth Norris Book Launch (Unraveling series)

Yesterday, Crystal and I went to the book launch of Unbreakable by Liz Norris.  It really was no different than a regular book signing but with a little more swag.
Swag included magnets, an Unbreakable extra content book, and bookmarks.  It was cool nonetheless.

Crystal and I were in Doylestown walking around, so we went into the bookstore an hour early and just read.  Crystal tried to finish up Unraveling because we both have a habit of completely forgetting what happened in books that we haven't read in awhile.  Meanwhile, I tried to finish The Host.  Yes, I am still reading it, but I've been busy.  And guess what?  I'm only 100 pages to go, which is basically done if you know how thick and heavy that book is!

2:00 hits and we were the only ones there.  I initially felt bad because this was the first stop, the big opening celebration.  However, more people showed up so I didn't feel bad.  Although I love the Doylestown Bookshop for its super lenient rules, I have to say that it is terrible at advertising!  A good crowd did show up, but there are never more than 20 people at events there.

I've meet Liz Norris when she was on tour with Aprilynne Pike and Bethany Griffin at the Barnes and Noble in Oxford Valley last year.  I found out that she graduated from the high school I was currently attending.  So, this time Crystal and I talked about our high school and teachers.  Specifically, we wanted to know if she knew one of our teachers whose last name is Struzinski.  All the kids call him "Struz" so we were wondering if the character named Struz in the books were named after him.  Nope, Struz is based off another friend who works for the FBI.

I also found out that MTV optioned it for a TV show.  Guess I'm late on that one but I'll repost the article about that too.

I swear that I'm going to finish The Host and a review of Unbreakable will be next!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.