Monday, April 29, 2013

Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris Pilot

I think I remember reading about this a while ago, but I guess I just forgot.  Regardless, MTV has optioned to make Elizabeth Norris' series in to a TV show.  I'm mentioning this now because someone had brought it up during the book signing.

Here's the scoop.  A writer has been hired and is writing a pilot.  Crystal asked if she had a dream cast and she said that she just wanted people that could act rather than pretty people.  While she was writing, she pictured Ben as James Franco from Freaks and Geeks, but now James Franco is obviously too old.

I hope this works out, but if MTV is attached I'm a little scared.  I'm not a big fan of their shows, nor have I ever been.  Fortunately or unfortunately, depends on how you look at it, the actors and actresses are almost always good looking on the shows.  It's like the CW!

Having only read Unraveling, I'm curious as to how the writer would break the series up.  The books aren't that long.  Should this actually turn into something, would it turn into something completely different from the books, trying to extend the seasons?

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.