Monday, May 13, 2013

2nd Blog?

I just discovered this cool, new social media site for book lovers.  It's called Booklikes.  I describe it as a Goodreads + Blogger but with a bit cooler features, or at least I think so because I have yet to figure out how everything works.

All of the members have blogs where they can post reviews and add books to their shelves just like on Goodreads.  Much like Tumblr, I think (I'm a neophyte when it comes to social media besides Twitter and Instagram), you can reblog something cool.

This website is pretty new, coming out in 2012 I believe.  Honestly, I think this could really be the next big thing for us bibliophiles.  The only drawback I've found so far is that it doesn't give you recommendations like Goodreads, but how accurate are their recommendations anyway.  What's important is connecting with other readers and sharing books.

I didn't realize it until now, but starting a new blog is going to take a lot of work.  Just adding all of my books to the shelves will take hours and hours.  And adding reviews?  This is going to be a nightmare if I go through with it.  But I genuinely think that this could catch on.  I might even tell my friend Dani not to make a Goodreads, but instead make one of these bad boys.

Not that I have much on it right now beacuse I'm still debating if I build up my blog on Booklike or not, but my username is Lisleslivres.  Surprised by that?


2 comments:

  1. Hi Carly! It's really great to hear that you like BookLikes! :-) You can import all you books and reviews from Goodreads at http://booklikes.com/settings/shelf

    If you have any feature requests just mail me at david@booklikes.com

    Best regards
    Dawid
    BookLikes CEO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I just started the importing process. That would have taken quite a lot of time to do by hand, so thanks for letting me know:)

      Delete

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.