Tuesday, August 13, 2013

How do You Feel About Spoilers?

Do you hate when someone tells you what happens?  Does the plot and excitement then get ruined for you?

Have you ever heard of someone reading the end of a book before the beginning? 

Well, that has been me for awhile.  I used to read the last page of the book to see what would happen, usually looking for a happy ending.  Recently, I have been reading really predictable books so I've been resisting the urge to read the end.  But I went against my pattern and went back to my old ways with the book I'm currently reading, and I'm not a fan of what I've read.  So what do I do?  Well, I've continued reading...

I've noticed that books that are in a series have annoying cliffhangers or non happy endings.  Makes sense, the author wants me to be able to keep writing and keep readers reading.  But sometimes, I really hate series!  It annoys me having to wait for the next one and by the time the next one comes, I forgot what  happened in the previous one.  I do best when the entire series is finished and can read them subsequently. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.