Friday, July 18, 2014

Oh, You've Done It Barnes and Noble...and NOT in the Good Way

I hope to never buy from Barnes and Noble again.  They messed up my order, and their customer service was useless.  Now, I will be making a conscious effort to buy books from indie bookstores.  I haven't always bought from them because of the smaller selection, but indie booksellers seem to actually care and are passionate about books.

So let me tell you how Barnes and Noble gave me the poop end of the stick...

Rainbow Rowell sent out this tweet, so I called one of he Omaha stores and asked for a signed copy to be shipped to me.  Of course, after being excited to open up my package, I found a naked title page!  It was not signed (insert angry emoji).
The worker literally did an online order for me.  I could do that by myself and save a lot of time! Also, why would I call from across the country just for that?  Ugh, the incompetence!!

The mistake wouldn't have bothered me as much if I didn't have to pay for it.  Maybe the bookseller was in the middle of something and didn't hear me or was having a bad day.  I don't know what caused her to make the error, but I ended up having spend 10 minutes to reorder a signed copy, pay for shipping twice, and have to go to a store to return the first book.

The first time I ordered the book, I paid the online price, about $10 less.  The second time, I paid the in-store price since that specific store in Omaha was selling me the book.  That's understandable, but it really stunk.

I may have sent an angry tweet to Barnes and Noble customer service.  I deleted it, but they still saw it.  They told me to DM them the details, so I did--140 characters at a time.  What a pain.  As expected, which was why I deleted the tweet, they did absolutely nothing for me. 

So, after returning the first book, I'm out $10.  This isn't a huge amount of money, I know.  But it is the lack of customer service that makes me furious. 

I got the signed book today, so I'm done with that abominable company.

The funny part of this whole story is that the second book was addressed to my brother, Cory.  I guess people from Omaha can't understand my thick accent.  (Haha, in reality I have a Midwestern accent, which is considered the purest American accent.)

He often sends his mail to my house, but I looked at the return address and was like "Omaha? I'm getting something from there too!  Wait...Barnes and Noble?!?," and I ripped that baby up.  I can't imagine my brother opening up Landline. Hahahahahha

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear your thoughts, but please no spam! Thanks for sharing with Lis Les Livres :) Have a lovely day.